- Victim Information
and Notification Everyday - VINE is free, anonymous, computer-based service
that provides victims of crime two important services: Information and
Notification. Its purpose is to assist victims of crime and the citizens of
your community by providing them with continual access to offender custody status
information. The VINE hotline allows crime victims to register against their offender and
automatically notify registered victims if the inmate has a change in custody status.
- To register yourself for notifications and information call 1-800-770-0192.
- Be prepared to provide the offenders name or inmate number.
- VINE monitors inmate court case status through a computer connection with the
prosecutors on-site records system.
- When an inmate has a change in status, the call center will automatically
begin to call all registered victims. Notification calls continue every half-hour for 24
hours or until the victim enters a Personal Identification Number (or PIN) to indicate a
- VINE will leave a message on an answering machine, but will continue to
call every two hours until the 24-hour period is over.
To search for a prison inmate, follow the link to the Ohio Department
of Rehabilitation and Correction Web Site at http://www.drc.state.oh.us/search2.htm.